Digitization makes life easier for companies. As a result of this, we have seen an increase in business computer applications in recent years, and one of the most requested is Microsoft Dynamics.
The IT giant evolves in the heat of current business needs. He has recently launched this powerful project and customer relationship management tool that allows businesses like yours to save time, resources, and effort, increasing total profits at the end of the month.
If you have an SME or are an entrepreneur, you are interested in learning what Microsoft Dynamics is, how it is used and what advantages it can bring to your business. We will tell you about it in this article!
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics is a cloud-based business application platform that combines different functionalities such as ERP and CRM (enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management, respectively), digital productivity tools, and artificial intelligence.
The use of this management software developed by Microsoft for companies makes it possible to considerably improve business processes (customer relations, financial reports, logistics, human resource management) thanks to the automation of tasks and the improvement of internal communication, saving steps making work more efficient.
For this reason, many high-level companies are now using Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 tool, with which small and medium-sized companies can increase their profitability and effectiveness.
Is Microsoft Dynamics an ERP?
One of the characteristics of Microsoft Dynamics is that it works as an ERP, that is, an Enterprise Resource Planning or business resource planner. This type of software allows all companies to go to the next level, thanks to a better organization of their plans and projects.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows you to take advantage of other utilities of the company itself, such as Dynamics 365 Business Central or Microsoft Power Bi, a business intelligence tool with which data and reports can be viewed to make project management much more accessible.
Is Microsoft Dynamics a CRM?
Microsoft Dynamics is also a CRM, a Customer Relationship Management or customer relationship management system.
Once again, flexibility is the most remarkable thing about a tool like Dynamics, which allows you to customize your internal utilities to improve customer service considerably.
How does Microsoft Dynamics work?
The main feature of this tool is that it is made up of a dozen applications and plugins that share data. The fact that all this data is integrated under Dynamics offers a powerful control centre to any company, which will be able to customize its utilities according to its particular needs.
In this way, Microsoft Dynamics allows you to get the most out of your business data, obtain a deeper understanding of your customers and detect new business opportunities.
Likewise, Microsoft Dynamics includes various Microsoft utilities designed to offer digital transformation services and improve project management and customer service to different companies. We review them:
- Office 365: the complete Office pack, essential for the company’s internal work.
- ERP Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations: a tool designed to improve the management of business finances.
- Power BI: It is also an essential business intelligence tool from Microsoft.
- Azure: cloud computing hosting of documents and files with maximum security, reducing costs.
- Dynamics 365 for sales – Another of their internal tools specifically designed to manage marketing and sales by providing a 360-degree view of the customer and lead interactions for the business to plan for upcoming interactions.
- Cortana: Microsoft’s artificial intelligence that enables deep data analysis.
Beyond all these internal utilities, Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows you to connect with third-party applications to integrate this software into your company without having to sacrifice other tools and thus choose which Microsoft utilities you want to use and which ones you don’t.
The advantages of Microsoft Dynamics for your company
Based on its utilities, it is easy to imagine the main advantages of Microsoft Dynamics. In general, improving customer relationships, increasing profitability, and saving business resources are undoubtedly some of the direct benefits of this software.
However, there is much more since, in reality, the benefits of Dynamics depend on how you use it and how much you get out of such a powerful tool. Let’s see what the main advantages of Microsoft Dynamics are.
- Digital transformation, control, and automation of the business, always result in an improvement in efficiency and profits.
- Improved customer loyalty thanks to the CRM utilities that will allow us to offer unbeatable customer assistance.
- Thanks to the improved organization, internal communication, and project planning, increased productivity of employees and the company. In addition, it helps to facilitate mobility and telecommuting since Dynamics 365 can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Adaptability to any product or service, both from large and small companies, is designed so that users can start with the essentials and grow at their own pace, adding new applications and functionalities when they need them.
- Quick start-up without unexpected delays as it is a SaaS platform, which means that it is accessed from a web browser without installing the software on individual computers.
- Higher level of security thanks to the storage of your company’s data in the cloud, such as files and documents.
- Common user interface across the entire suite of Microsoft business applications for more accessible training and greater efficiency.
The advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365 could be summarized if the benefits of a CRM are combined with those of an ERP, and the seal of a company like Microsoft is added, which is a guarantee of quality.
Improve your business today with Microsoft Dynamics
As we have seen, Dynamics 365 covers different business processes (sales, services, marketing, finance, and operations) so that all types of companies can benefit from its use.
Due to its extensive capabilities and scalable nature, industry experts have already positioned Dynamics 365 as a direct competitor to significant players in the CRM and ERP world, such as Salesforce or Oracle.
If you don’t use Microsoft Dynamics yet, you can implement it in your business today to start taking advantage of all its benefits.
To do this successfully, you’ll need the help of a software- savvy Microsoft Partner who will advise you on which applications are suitable for your project and help you configure the tool to get the most out of it.