The last quarter of the year has already begun, a crucial moment for all companies. It is time to take stock and think about the future to establish new objectives, goals, and strategies.
That is why today we bring you some trends to grow your business that will be crucial during 2023. Let’s get to it!
1. Sustainable technology, process savings
Technology is no longer enough for companies, not only because its misuse can cost the company extra energy but also because it impairs our operational resilience and performance, impeding growth.
In addition, it is essential to consider our company’s impact on the planet. These are some of the proposals:
Edge Computing or Growth in the cloud, leaving physical servers aside to have information in the cloud.
Increase the efficiency of our IT services through traceability, analysis, and appropriate management software.
Incorporate artificial intelligence into our processes to reduce inefficient processes and excessive costs of time, energy, and, above all, resources.
Use emissions management software.
2. Automation and hyper automation
Speeding up the time dedicated to completing tasks and improving their precision was already essential in 2022 and will continue to be so in 2023. In 2023, tools and developments designed to improve effectiveness and free us from processes that can be automated will continue to be deployed.
By automating processes, we ensure that we focus on actions that provide differential and real value, that is, on our core business.
The concept of hyper-automation refers not only to automating but to using artificial intelligence, machine learning, and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) to further extend automation to production chains, workflows, marketing processes… etc.
According to the consulting firm Gartner, the global automation software market reached 600,000 million dollars in 2022, key data that makes us see the importance that large companies are giving to these new concepts.
Much is said about the metaverse, and little is still being specified, but it is clear that it is one of the great trends for 2023. Many technology companies are going to deploy their metaverses this coming year, and these are some of them :
- Goal: The most famous he plans to start monetizing his digital world now.
- Roblox: Social network, online games, and whose goal is to become one of the leaders of the virtual world of the metaverse.
- Nvidia: Focused on technology applied to metaverses such as PCs, headphones, or consoles with a superior experience, it has created its new Omniverse platform.
- Disney: The American giant is not far behind and is investing a lot of time and effort in developing AR entertainment, especially with the Marvel and Star Wars franchises.
- Match Group: With big plans for the future, you’ve spent $1.73 billion on Korean startup Hyperconnect.
- Roundhill Ball Metaverso ETF: Focused on creating an experience that surpasses the internet and encompasses both the virtual and the real world.
- Amazon has carved a niche for itself in the metaverse world (as in all worlds) and plans to leverage its experience with e-commerce within the metaverse.
- Apple: Wants to become a significant player in the metaverse world and has officially started embracing virtual reality thanks to its ArKit development tools and mysterious work on a new augmented reality headset.
- Snap: You have developed your Spectacle smart glasses, and it is one of the most important actions that have been carried out in this area.
- Unity Software: Software development in 3D and real-time for creating games in VR and augmented reality.
4. Encryption and AI TRiSM: AI Security, Risk and Trust Management
The end of using passwords, the main security leak that companies have, is already predicted to be imminent. However, the acronym AI TRiSM, created by the consulting firm Gartner, goes much further and refers to all the data obtained thanks to AI.
An example can be the recommended songs from Spotify, the Tinder matches, the advertising suggestions, or even the routes that Google Maps recommends… The information obtained advances without ceasing and is increasing; for this reason, correct management is essential. for the security of this data and awareness of the risk that vulnerabilities may pose to the user.
And not only at the level of cybersecurity but also how this information can affect users in their lives once they interact with it.
5. Quantum computing
Quantum computing differs from classical computing in that, unlike 0-based or 1-based binary computing, it is based on qubits, which can have both states simultaneously. This creates new logic and algorithms and adds complexity to the possible tasks that the computer can perform.
This has created a lot of anticipation as it will allow troubleshooting in a new way. It may be applied to new medicines, product development, emission reduction…
6. The world of NFTs
Many of us are perplexed by situations in which, like a millionaire, burning a Frida Kahlo (valued at 10 million dollars) to turn it into an NFT (non-fungible token), specifically, 10,000 copies of it. We still don’t know what the result of his adventure will be, but the moral of the act is clear.
However, what it leaves on display is how this world is a sprawling niche with an evolution that is still unpredictable. Experts predict that the development of NFTs will explode when the metaverse does, and we predict that, at least, we have to be very aware of how it develops since they are currently already transforming the online market.
7. A new digital model: Super apps
Today, through conventional apps, we can order food, get a haircut, make reservations at a restaurant or find a casual (or lifelong) love.
A super app gathers in the same place everything the user needs. They are already a reality in Asia (Wechat) or Latin America (Rappi), but not so much in Europe, or at least not yet. What do super apps offer the user?
Improvements in payments, since they usually allow dividing amounts or financing.
- Usability: The client can learn only a single application and not navigate between the different dynamics of 10 different applications.
- Better recommendations: The app has a much broader vision of the user’s needs and offers them what they need with much more accumulated information.
The danger here is that the same corporation has all the information about its users, and we already know that “information is power”…
8. The “vision” of computers through pattern recognition and artificial intelligence
The fact that a computer can recognize and translate images opens up a spectacular world for all kinds of applications, from medical to security. In its full explosion, this world will mean a breakthrough for which we probably still cannot put words.